You have 4 weeks remaining for the course
How to Improve Reading
• reading for relaxation and enjoyment
• reading to gain information
• reading to build vocabulary
• reading to increase speed.
Tips for better reading
Introduction to the IELTS General Training Reading test
• the format and content of the IELTS GT Reading test
• the assessment of the GT Reading test.
• identify the different question types
• recognise the reading skills needed to answer these question types.
Skimming, Scanning & Reading intensively for detail
• learn the purpose of skimming, scanning and reading intensively for detail
• learn how to skim, scan and read intensively for detail
• practise skimming, scanning and reading intensively for detail.
Overview Question Types
• learn the process of answering Overview questions
• practise answering Overview questions.
Specific Information Question Types
• learn the process of answering Specific Information questions
• practise answering Specific Information questions.
• understanding and identifying the viewpoint of the writer
• identifying the viewpoint of people mentioned in the passage
• identifying which viewpoint belongs to which person or people from the reading passage.
• noun and verb groups
• connective words and phrases
• strategies for understanding unfamiliar words