Ielts speaking test can be the most difficult test for most test takers because this test module is entirely based on face-face interview with the examiner. Subdivision of this test includes three parts or section of the test. Interviewer basically raises questions on ielts speaking topics those are generic in nature. Proper Practice beforehand can help you make this phase of test easier; knowledge about the test format will be great help.
- Ielts Speaking Part 1 – Consist of general question about yourself and topics as home, family, interest, work and studies.
- Ielts Speaking Part 2 – Given 1 minute preparation time on a particular topic in the card, you will be asked to speak up for 2minutes on that topic and at the end, answer few interviewer questions.
- Ielts Speaking Part 3 – Further extension of the question and answering round and a chance to discuss on abstract ideas and issues.
Though ielts speaking test is found nerve wrecking for its spontaneity, worrying all test takers but it is one of the best ielts module to increase band score. Your speaking ability is basically judged on –
- No hesitation and fluency in speaking.
- Variation in vocabulary usage.
- Sound Pronunciation.
- Lesser Grammatical Mistakes.
IELTS Speaking Tips to assist you in improve your band score-
- Keeping up with Fluency and avoiding long pauses can help you score better. Also make sure you maintain your speaking speed and not sound hasty.
- Make sure you get the question correctly, if not do not hesitate to ask the interview to repeat again.
- Short Time for Preparation – It is considered as healthy practice to take a very short time for preparation before
- IELTS Speaking Practice test –Our online test practice portals helps all test takers practicing all kinds of test modules included in the ielts program, so kindly visit our portal and let us assist you prepare for ielts speaking test.
- Proper Tone of Speech – Maintaining your tone will presenting a speech has always been the major factor in impressing an interviewer or bunch of audiences, so making use of proper tone will speaking is highly recommended.
- Ability to Elaborate – Elaborating answers in response to the question from the interviews will be a plus point on your speaking ability. Make sure you maintain speech length, on an average an answer length twice of that of interviewer question is highly preferred.
- Coherency – Ability to relate all the spoken sentences can help you grab interviewer interest. Using transitional words and phrases as however, in addition, on the other hand, moreover, can be great help to build coherent sentences.
- Mistake Rectification in between – Mistakes are often made while trying maintain the fluency in speech, so when you make one, try to correct it as smooth as possible or just continue with the flow of speech. Usually people do not lose much score for making few blunders.
- Good Attire – Few people take this very lightly, unless they know the significance of carrying yourself well. It just not only gives a first good impression but also boost self-confidence.
All the above guidelines are written for test takers interest by the past few experience test takers who have been successful in scoring higher bands in IElTS Speaking Test.
Here is the list of ielts tips for other language abilities –